Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Getting Ethnic



Yesterday was a tough day in virtual land. Many sims were offline and I spent a lot of the time folded in half with my center innards available for viewing. I hadn't seen that phenomena in a year or more. I did manage to:  A. buy some new hair and B. win some cute sandals. Putting together this outfit took much longer than planned, but I am happily "beachy" and can wear this styling often in the upcoming months.


My impressively creative new braids hale from Discord Designs. I saw a post by the designer on the feeds and zipped right over to see what might suit me. I was in the market for something different and these choices certainly fit the bill. Most styles come with hair bases as well a prim braids; this Ariadne style comes as shown (no hairbase used) as well as braids only (no underlayer of hair). You get four colors in a pack and the Celtic one I chose gives you red, blond, brown and ginger -- so lots of different looks, not just subtle changes. I really liked the grays tones as well as some of the other styles, but this seemed to fit me best. Since my viewer currently only does one tattoo layer and Tuli's skins come with reddish brown brows as default -- well, pragmatism came into play.


These complex amaama fringed sandals come from a five minute lucky board here


While certainly a great lucky board prize, the HUD only changes the skin tone and size, not all the parts and pieces shown in the graphics. The other choices may have been disabled for the free version.

EDIT: Please see the comments to find out how you can actually change the parts and pieces. 


Also, these sandals have LONG feet so will work best for tall thin model type avatars *wink*.
Style Notes: 

Hair: -dDx- Ariadne (Natural Red)
Skin: [:T:] Zoe / sunkissed :: 02 Purity
Clothing:PARADISIS Flirty Jeans : White; SLC Kim Bandeau white;  .:MALT:. Fashions - Springtime Jeans Wrap
Shoes: amaama+Ethnic Fringe Sandal
Accessories: *Ticky Tacky* Lick Me! Earrings - White; :: Exodi :: Nyla Bracelet (Christmas)

Poses by: Amacci and Everglow

Comments

AK Alchemi said…
I was able to figure out how to change the colors of the fringe, strap, and toe rings on the amaama sandals. It's not easy and involves clicking certain tiny icons on the hud in a certain order, but it is doable.
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks. Good to know. I clicked and clicked with "L" for left I am assuming and "R" for right etc but never got anything to change. I can live with it as is. Would be nice to change the leather color though :D. Still a very nice prize. HUDS are getting so complex -- they need to have different screens :D.

Thanks for the note.
AK Alchemi said…
I went inworld and figured it out. These sandals are just too great to not know how to color them, plus I got them because of you. :-)

First, make backup copies because it's really easy to screw them up with the hud. Go to the bottom section and click the L and R buttons so they are red. Then click either FRINGE COLOR, meaning click the bar that says that, and the text will go red, or FRINGE 2, or both at once to color all the leather. You can tell from this that if you only highlight one the sandal will be two-toned, providing even more options.

Then click the circles with the colors and the leather will change.

I can't seem to get the nail polish to highlight separately, so I'm getting things like blue nails when I make the shoes blue. This is still a WIP and I hope to figure that out. Oh, I just clicked the right-hand nail while the FRINGE labels were still highlighted, and it turned the sandals such a pretty shade of pale gold. I'm going to make a copy of those before I continue to fiddle. :-)
AK Alchemi (again!) said…
I have figured out how to make the leather any color at all, and do the toes separately. Let me know if you need any of that info. :-) I now have the prettiest pair of yellow sandals...
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks everyone. Will try that soon. Even the lucky board was confusing with all those separate colors and letters above - HOHO.

Glad that YOU guys worked it out. Will put a note in the main post for others.

Popular Posts