Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Steamy Sepia at Babbage


The minute you mention any warm brownish hue, I think Steampunk. I love the sub-genre, so getting together an outfit was easy. Since I am trying to include newness in these 52 weeks of color, I was thrilled to have a great new steam topper hat from The Mad Hattery as a starting point. More mainstream clothing makes up the rest of my outfit. A waistcoat from blakopal (the Steam 3 hunt) pulled it all together.


I spent an inordinate amount of time hunting last week. I can't say that I came away from the experience with a smile. It may be me, but there were just too many problems and too few worthwhile prizes. But happily, as always, there are a few superstars in the bunch. Along with the MHO5 hat, I found this nasone from [.:F&D:.] Furrniture & Design. A nasone is basically a REALLY sturdy and heavy water fountain. Happily a full description of the history of nasones is included in the pack. To be fair, I spotted the photo of this beautifully textured article on the POE3 Flickr page. I waited patiently for the witching hour and picked it up as soon as it was legal *wink*. There are three poses included, none which fit me -- so I used a poseball for this shot. The water turns on and off and there is a version without the granite base.  Honestly? I have no idea where I can use this fine bit of workmanship, but I still love it and I celebrate its uniqueness. I mean who do you know that owns there own nasone? Well now you can be one who does.


Next week's color is primary yellow. I have a feeling I better start working on that RIGHT now.


Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: A&A Beliza Hair Rust (new)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 04
Clothing: blakopal Steampunk Waistcoat-holly long vest; This is a Fawn - Knit Leggings [chocolate]; PARADISIS Nanasa : Gloves brown; ~*INDIE ROSE*~ Knitted TN Pullover (s) {Brown}
Shoes: Bang Bang - Stingray leather gaiter booties brown
Accessories:The Mad Hattery Gentlemen's Hat (MHO5 hunt);

Poses by: Diesel Works

Comments

Luna Jubilee said…
I love the steampunkyness! Great post - as always!
TrinityBelle said…
love how you used your background to keep with the sepia theme! very nice post - I really like it!
Sookie said…
I love that you chose to do something Steampunk themed! It's my favorite and I considered doing it myself... but got too attached to my new shoes. lol

Popular Posts