Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

UrbanizeD Winter Collection

UrbanizeD reveals its new collection and sim redesign tomorrow. I was very pleased to be asked over for a tour. After a difficult morning including an hour in ghost avatar status I was ready for some relaxing vistas.


Seventy-two new releases in five color families make up the new collection. Summer is gone and with it the products for that time. I like the idea of change, knowing that what you see is recent work. Knowing that your purchase will gain "collectible" status in the not too distant future.




There is plenty to explore at the newly revamped sim. I took a huge number of photos, but settled for showing you just some of my personal favorites. Now you might be wondering about that head shot in the collage below. No, it isn't actually vanity (well maybe a little). I couldn't resist sitting down in a field of poppies; one of the new one prim meadow plants. The collection is vast and lovely. Look for the dome in -- fittingly -- the meadow.




I absolutely LOVED the pelicans, but I didn't see that they were for sale. They move and seem so real. Amazing. The open air feeling is refreshing. With space to spare, the shop is closer to an art gallery than what we traditionally think of as a furniture store. Pick your color scheme or mood and head in that direction. While the pieces in the collection are echoed in each of the five mini-collections, the textures change to blend with the feel of each theme.


I admired many of the accessories as I am a big accessories gal. There are some interesting paintings which "might" also be bookshelves? I am doubting that, but they are built in a very unusual way that I really like. So take a close look at those; they are sprinkled throughout the collections.

The poses in the furniture are numerous, varied and adjustable. Many are animations. Some furniture includes texture change as well as animation choices. And the animations are DIFFERENT -- at least not ones that I have seen many times -- a plus. The other tiny detail which I personally enjoy is the pricing. Many items have oversized tags as their point of sale objects. Unobtrusive and very classy,  the "artfully hand painted" tags garner pitsch Parx a few extra designer gold stars *wink*.

That is my sneak peak at UranizeD which opens tomorrow. Here is the SLURL.  I am not sure exactly what time public access begins, but venture over in the afternoon or sometime soon. There is a big opening gift at the TP point. I have no idea what it might be, but I'll be returning to see :D. 


Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Amacci Hair Steve ~ Red Auburn (Hair Fair gift)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Tanya (tone 1/br) :: preview
Clothing: blakopal Steampunk Corset - long (STEAM hunt): MALT Shiney Leggings
Shoes: BAX Prestige Boots - black
Accessories: Time Travler Necklace (NLA)

Comments

Arialle Dufaux said…
Hi Chic, love your blog :-) Just a friendly reminder that you have an international audience and SL isn't used by the Northern hemisphere exclusively. Down here in the oft-forgetton Southern hemisphere we are experiencing the first days of Spring and are waiting in anticipation of Summer! Keep up the great work :-)
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks Arialle. I do know that there is another season out there in the world. I haven't ever lived below the equator (AT it once) so I do sometimes forget. In this case my title came from the UrbanizeD owner himself as that is what he is calling the collection and the opening celebration (smile).

Actually the furniture has a summery look to many of the pieces. They are designed for outdoor living as well as indoor so I think they will work for everyone whatever their part of the world.

It is great that we can have any season at any time at Phil's.

Thanks for reading!

Popular Posts