Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Sheep!


Long ago and far away (it was September after all), I wrote an article on  Alchemy Immortalis. The sheep were a highlight in that post and several of you wrote to me about the impressive creatures. The news of the eve is that those very same sheep -- at least one posed version of them -- is a SOM gift from the stores that share their grazing space. Not only do you get the scripted sheep (sounds and such), you get a sheep avatar so that you too can be a sheep and play with them if you so choose.


A really BIG box arrived. The box was jumping a bit. Oh no, the box was pushing me into the wall!!!!!!!

Yes, that was fun.  The box was scripted to leave a green bottle behind that had the sheep avatar in it. The bottle didn't appear for me -- I tried twice, but I'm guessing it was because I was out of prims in that part of the house. Always prims, isn't it? I did read the instructions however and opened the box manually. That works too.

From the notecard:
As part of our first birthday celebration we wanted to send our group members a little gift.  During the year we've been open one of the most popular things on the SIMs has been the Blackface Sheep, which you find nestled about Empress and Hierophant getting into various forms of mischief.  People have been asking for us to release them for some time, and while we have finally done that in the form of a kit that you'll find on the XStreet Exchange web site now, we wanted to send one of our pets along to you as a thank you for being part of our group and helping us grow!

If you love sheep and have the pasture or mountainside for them, you can get a herd at a very reasonable price on Xstreet  (https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=2297955).


My Aix-la-Chapelle Talisman necklace (a gift from Alchemy Immortalis) was inspired by a RL talisman owned by Charlemagne, 4th Century. It arrived in the prettiest magical bottle which I wanted to show you, but I have lost it in the depths of my inventory. I am sure it will show up when I am not looking for it. That is what magical bottles do after all.

I will be leaving Winterfell in a few days, but meanwhile the sheep can graze happily on my tall grass, and I will look forward to having them with me again on another property. I have loved it here, but I also enjoy new experiences and summer is coming with real life adventures. So for now I will be enjoying other people's lands -- at least for a bit.

Style notes:

My green outfit was featured here.

[Later: I found the bottle! So pretty and safely in a folder with BOTTLE in the name now :D]

Comments

Popular Posts