Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Tuesday's Things of Note


ELISA Poses For Friends has a cute sit pillow with thinking pose in their main store. $1 until Sunday. It didn't line up well for me -- you know how poses are and I am SIX FEET TALL after all :D. But you can try it out and I suspect that if you are an average sized gal it would work great. ALSO, while you are here, check out the assortment of poses in the vendors. There aren't many but they are quite nice and only $60.

So, speaking of "thinking" sit pillows ..... What am I thinking about? Well partly I am still in skin search mode and looked at a lot, some very popular at the moment, nothing calling to me. BUT, I wanted to post this photo as I thought it brought up an important point.


I saw these new skins blogged on the feed and thought they looked interesting. It took me awhile to find the shop which is HERE. I got a demo and tried it on and pretty much liked it. Yeah, this is good! The face is very nice, the brows a bit high for me, but that's not a biggie and certainly a personal choice.

The problem comes when you get to the body. I like it - I think I like it - I can't TELL if I like it because the WHOLE body is covered with demo watermarks. If you click this picture you can enlarge the photo and see them. On the face, it isn't such a big problem although it is difficult to see what the lip texture is like. On the body, I can't tell where the shading is. It is all one giant grid watermark. And yes, I do have a newer machine with a very good graphics card. I am using the RC client and windlight. I could see the demo marks perfectly (wink).

Now I suspect this is an anti theft issue and that brings me to the question this brought up. How many people are willing to buy a skin when the demo doesn't give them enough information? Honestly, this was one of my favorites so far, certainly in the running -- but not if I can't see what I would be getting.

Just some thoughts. I know LL isn't going to be protecting content creators anytime soon, but are we working our way over to the dark side? I hope not.



My grandmother always told me that EVERY woman needed a nice string of pearls. If you are missing the must-have (well how could my grandmother be wrong?) jewelry item, you can find a VERY lovely set at Vanity Designs. They fall beautifully around the neck -- mine anyway. And best of all they are free. Find them on the back wall.

Dress by Hexed, Hair by House of Heart, Pose by Tuli.

Popular Posts